Tuesday, April 26, 2011

WHERE IS MY HERITAGE? A TRILLING, CHILLING AND MOVING STORY OF MIKE TYSON IN PICTURES

Is there any name that Tyson has never been called? Is there any known world, he has never been to? Is there any new thing that is needed to be attached to this man? Once a dreg of the society came out of the never-never land to become the heavy weight champion of the world. And fortune he acquired and controlled, a terror to any one on the ring and out of it.

The Baddest Man on the Planet; WHERE IS MY HERITAGE? Is a trilling, chilling and moving story of Mike Tyson in pictures and directly from the horse mouth .
Some say, as he once called himself, He might be a clown after all. Listen to him:



Mike Tyson ‘Iron Mike’, born Michael Gerard Tyson, June 30, 1966 in Brooklyn, New York.During his Boxing career, he fought a total 58 fights, Won 50, 44 by KO, Lost 6, Drew 0, No contests 2. Tyson was the undisputed heavyweight champion and holds the record as the youngest boxer to win the WBC, WBA and IBF world heavyweight titles.



He won the WBC title when he was 20 years, 4 months and 22 days old, after defeating Trevor Berbick by a TKO in the second round. Throughout his career, Tyson became well-known for his ferocious and intimidating boxing style as well as his controversial behavior both inside and outside the ring.



He was the first heavyweight boxer to hold the WBA, WBC and IBF titles simultaneously. Tyson is considered to have been one of the best heavyweight boxers of all time. He is also the only Heavyweight boxer to individually unify the WBC, WBA and IBF titles.Tyson won his first 19 professional bouts by knockout, with twelve of them occurring in the first round.



Tyson declared bankruptcy in 2003, despite receiving over US$30 million for several of his fights and $300 million during his career.He is ranked #16 on Ring Magazine's list of 100 greatest punchers of all time.His early-round knockout victories over other skilled heavyweight champions, particularly Trevor Berbick, Larry Holmes, Michael Spinks, Donovan Ruddock and Frank Bruno cemented his reputation as one of the most feared men in the ring



"I never saw my mother happy with me and proud of me for doing something: She only knew me as being a wild kid running the streets, coming home with new clothes that she knew I didn't pay for. I never got a chance to talk to her or know about her. Professionally, it has no effect, but it's crushing emotionally and personally."



Throughout his childhood, Tyson lived in and around high-crime neighborhoods. According to an interview in Details his first fight was with a bigger youth who had pulled the head off one of Tyson's pigeons. He was repeatedly caught committing petty crimes and fighting those who ridiculed his high-pitched voice and lisp. By the age of 13, he had been arrested 38 times.



He ended up at the Tryon School for Boys in Johnstown, New York. It was at the school that Tyson's emerging boxing ability was discovered by Bobby Stewart, a juvenile detention center counselor and former boxer. Stewart considered Tyson to be an outstanding fighter and trained him for a few months before introducing him to Cus D'Amato.



Tyson was later removed from the reform school by Cus D'Amato. Kevin Rooney also trained Tyson, and he was occasionally assisted by Teddy Atlas, although he was dismissed by D'Amato when Tyson was 15. Rooney eventually took over all training duties for the young fighter.



Tyson's brother is a physician assistant in the trauma center of the Los Angeles County-University of Southern California Medical Center.He has always been very supportive of his brother's career and was often seen at Tyson's boxing matches in Las Vegas, Nevada. When asked about their relationship, Mike has been quoted saying, "My brother and I see each other occasionally and we love each other," and "My brother was always something and I was nothing."



During a post fight interview after knocking out Lou Savarese, in just 38 seconds into the bout in June 2000, he said of himself-"I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless champion there has ever been. No one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No! I'm Alexander! He's no Alexander! I'm the best ever. There’s never been anyone as ruthless as me. I'm Sonny Liston. I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There is no one who can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want his heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!"



To me, the most theatrical of his fights was with Lou Savarese in June 2000 in Glasgow, which he conveniently won in the first round, lasting only 38 seconds. But, Tyson continued punching after the referee had stopped the fight, knocking the referee to the floor as he tried to separate the boxers.



On the front page of USA Today on June 3, 2005, Tyson was quoted as saying: "My whole life has been a waste - I've been a failure." He continued: "I just want to escape. I'm really embarrassed with myself and my life. I want to be a missionary. I think I could do that while keeping my dignity without letting people know they chased me out of the country. I want to get this part of my life over as soon as possible. In this country nothing good is going to come of me. People put me so high; I wanted to tear that image down."



While on the American talk show The View in early May 2010, Tyson revealed that he is now forced to live paycheck to paycheck. He went on to say: "I'm totally destitute and broke. But I have an awesome life; I have an awesome wife who cares about me. I'm totally broke. I had a lot of fun. I'm very grateful. I don't deserve to have the wife that I have; I don't deserve the kids that I have, but I do, and I'm very grateful."



Tyson began to spend much of his time tending to his 350 pigeons in Paradise Valley, an upscale enclave near Phoenix, Arizona. Afterall, he has something to cater for, if you ask for my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment